ABC Do-Re-ME! “Music at the Park” 2017
June – August 18, 2017
Our popular Music at the park classes are back for the 7th year with more fun songs and activities for children ages 6mo-5yr.
We will explore a new theme every week and we’ll do so by singing songs, playing games, reading books and even doing arts and crafts to take home.
All Music at the park classes are 45 min long with a caregiver and are outdoors at the park from June 12-August 18.
*Don’t forget to check our website for cancellation due to weather and please bring a blanket or a mat with you to class.
2017 Summer Locations (press on location for more info)
West 96 street - Enter from 96 street and Central Park West. Walk down the path of 96 street – you will see the teacher under a large tree.
West 67 street - best to enter from 65 street. Pass Tavern on the Green and the bike path until you reach Sheep Meadow. The teacher will sit on the OTHER SIDE of sheep meadow to the left.
East 67 street - Enter the park from 5th ave and 67 street. Teacher will sit across Billy Johnson Playground.
East 83 Street - best to enter the park from east 79 street. Walk around the metropolitan museum until you get to Alexander Hamilton statue. The teacher will sit right next to the statue.
If you can’t find the teacher – please call us to (646) 434-1419 extension 1
All our classes are at the parks and conduct under a large tree and/or shaded spot to avoid the sun and heat.
For our online schedule PRESS HERE
For Summer pricing and Promotion PRESS HERE
Our 2017 theme is “Around the World”
Each week we will explore a new destination by singing local songs and playing games. We suggest that the children will bring a “passport” (any small notebook) to class so they can fill it with the weekly stickers / stamps from every destination.
- Week 1 (June 12-16) – England (our first stop is England – we will have fun at the London Bridge, Drink Tea, visit the Queen and sing the Beatles)
- Week 2 (June 19-23) – Scandinavia (We will stop to visit Anna and Elsa while eating Swedish meatballs, building a snowman and singing Abba songs).
- Week 3 – 4 (June 26-July 7) – America (we will celebrate America’s Birthday with going camping in the park, making a tent from a parachute, doing BBQ with some instruments and building a campfire from egg shakers)
- Week 5 (July 10-14) – Africa (on our next stop we will explore the amazing animals that lives in the african safari)
- Week 6 (July 17-21) – Australia (our next Aussie stop will take us to the beach and the great plains of Australia. We will learn to surf, play some beach games and find some kangaroos in central park)
- Week 7 (July 25-28) – China (We will fly to china to see the great wall and look for Panda bears while learning kung-fu and looking for Dragons in central park).
- Week 8 (July 31-August 4) – Brazil (Next we will explore brazil, we will explore the wonderful Amazon, play soccer and dance the Samba at the carnival).
- Week 9 (August 7-11)– Antartica (Our next expolation will take us to the freezing cold of Antarctica. We will build Igloos, make fire, look for penguins and seals and learn how to fish).
- Week 10 (August 14-18)– Around the World in 9 weeks (We will celebrate the end of the classes by returning to each destination while singing and playing our favorite songs and activities).
Important information about our summer program:
Rain days / Heat advisory:
Classes will be canceled if it rains or if there is a heat advisory.
We will post cancellation notices on our website so please make sure to check out our website before leaving for class - www.abcdoremeNYC.com
No make-up classes or indoor classes are offered for Music at the Park.
Class cancellation policy – please read:
Make sure to cancel your class online if you are not going to attend (we require a cancellation notice of at least 1 hour before class starts). For summer pass holders – After 3 no-shows without cancellation, your future reservations will be deleted automatically by the system.
In order to attend a class you must be registered online. We bring enough instruments, props and surprises for the children that have registered and are on the list. If you are not registered or you didn’t get a notice you are confirmed to attend from the wait-list, the teacher might not be able to allow you to participate in the class. Please make sure you have opted-in to receive notifications from us on your online profile, otherwise you will not get your wait-list confirmed.
We do not accept drop-in cash in the park so please make sure to register and pay online.
Things to bring to class:
A blanket or a mat.
Hat, sunscreen, bug spray and water.
Your class confirmation email (paper or electronic).
A small notebook which will be used as a passport.
To check out the weekly theme PRESS HERE
Keeping an eye on your child:
We ask parents and caregivers to keep your eyes on your child at all times while in the park as there are plenty of opportunities to “escape” or explore.
Our teachers are not responsible for your child’s safety and will not be able to watch the children while teaching at the park. We ask the caregivers to help us by giving the child 100% attention during the class.
Don’t forget to check our website for cancellation due to weather (rain or extreme heat) and please bring a blanket or a mat with you to class.
*This class is a 45 min drop-in class at the park (outdoors) so please make sure to keep an eye on your child while in the park (our teacher only has 1 pair of eyes and can’t see all the children all the time). We encourage caregivers to put sunscreen on the child before the class and please bring with you a hat and bottle of water as well.